Mathematics for Computing
This module covers the fundamentals of mathematics commonly applied to computing. It aims to introduce the basic elements of discrete mathematics that provide a foundation for the understanding of algorithms and data structures used in computer science.
On successful completion of this course you will:
- Be competent with the basic elements of discrete mathematics
- Be familiar with algorithms
- Have an understanding of the data structures used in computer science
All dates and timetables are listed in programme handbooks, found in the downloads section of individual programme pages.
- Timetable of all departmental teaching events
- Term dates
- Timetable for the week ahead (including venue information)
Enrolled students can find their personal teaching timetable and location of classes on their My Birkbeck profile.
AssessmentCoursework (30%) One two hour written examination (70%).
Lipshutz, S, Schaum's Outline Essential Computer Mathematics