Mathematics for Computing
This module covers the fundamentals of mathematics commonly applied to computing. It aims to introduce the basic elements of discrete mathematics that provide a foundation for the understanding of algorithms and data structures used in computer science.
On successful completion of this course you will:
- Be competent with the basic elements of discrete mathematics
- Be familiar with algorithms
- Have an understanding of the data structures used in computer science
Timetables, locations and term dates
Programme specific timetables are listed in the handbooks available for each programme. Please consult the relevant programme page.
- Term dates and holiday closing
- Timetable listing modules by term and day of the week
- Timetable and venue information for the week ahead
Enrolled students can find their personal teaching timetable and the location of classes on their My Birkbeck profile.
AssessmentCoursework (30%) One two hour written examination (70%).
Lipshutz, S, Schaum's Outline Essential Computer Mathematics