Certificate of Higher Education in Web Design Technologies
- This specialised programme gives a solid grounding in multimedia and web authoring for those wishing to develop professional multimedia or web authoring skills using Adobe Creative Suite and open source web technologies.
- Year 1 provides an introduction to web authoring and database technology. Year 2 builds on this introduction to provide a more advanced view of the use of IT, web technologies and web programming in a business environment.
- Practical, skills-based classes held in modern PC labs enable you to learn by ‘doing’. Lectures and group activities stimulate learning and a learning management system provides a wide range of learning resources on-line to support your learning.
- Mature learners thrive in this stimulating and supportive environment which enables you to learn and progress at a pace that suits your own needs and circumstances.
- Knowledge and understanding in the areas of multimedia, web design and authoring, database design for the web and web programming.
- Practical multimedia and web design/authoring skills.
- Practical database design skills.
- Self-directed learning and self-study skills which enable you to keep up with rapidly-changing web technologies, tools, techniques and methods.
- Part-time, evening or weekend study enabling you to learn and progress at a pace that suits you.
- Open source and Adobe CS applications
- Assessment by coursework portfolio - no examinations
- Flexible mode of study - aim to complete the CertHE in two years but you can take up to four years
- Students who successfully complete the CertCE can apply to transfer to Year 2 of the Foundation Degree in Information Technology or study 4 more ITApps modules in order to complete the Certificate of Higher Education in Web Design Technologies. Students also have the option of transferring to the Foundation Degree in Web Technologies.
- The programme is flexible and can take up to 4 years to complete (2-4 years for the Certificate of Higher Education or 1-2 years for the Certificate of Continuing Education).
- A full schedule can be found here for 2019/20.
- This is a modular enrolment certificate, so you will need to enrol for individual modules. Please go to the College website and click on the Course Structure tab and then click on the title of individual modules to sign up.
- If you intend to fund this course via a Student Finance loan, this may affect your future full-time funding eligibility. Please contact our Student Advice team for information regarding funding.
Complete the 4 compulsory modules listed below - check the prerequisites for each module.
After completing the CertCE you have the option of studying 4 additional modules (from the optional modules list) to gain the CertHE in Web Design Technologies - check the prerequisites for each module.
Lecturer(s): Chris Maigler