Professional Development Short Courses
- Choose any combination of short courses to meet your own professional development needs. IT Applications modules provide a solid grounding in IT and Web applications. Whether you want to learn about databases, business planning using spreadsheets, web design, web authoring or web programming skills, the IT Applications team can provide you with interesting and relevant learning opportunities.
- All modules emphasise how to apply technical skills in real business situations.
- Practical, skills-based classes held in modern PC labs enable you to learn by ‘doing’. Lectures and group activities stimulate learning and a learning management system provides a wide range of learning resources on-line to support your learning.
- This stimulating and supportive environment for mature learners enables you to learn and progress at a pace that suits your own needs and circumstances.
- 15 CATS (Credit Accumulation Transfer Scheme) points per module available for those who pass the module by submitting work for assessment. CATS points can be transferred to a range of university level certificates or foundation degrees.
- IT Applications modules are also available as part of a Certificate of Higher Education in Information Technology or Web Design Technologies.
- Knowledge and understanding of a range of IT and Web applications.
- Practical database, spreadsheet, web design, authoring and programming skills.
- Self-directed learning skills through the use of a virtual learning environment which provides a range of online tools.
- Self-study skills which enable you to keep up with rapidly-changing web technologies, tools, techniques and methods.
- Some short courses have prerequisite(s). If you try to enrol on this short course without completing the prerequisite(s), you will not be able to complete your enrolment. Please contact the IT Apps Administrator if you would like further information.
- Part-time study enabling you to learn and progress at a pace that suits you.
Most classes can be taken either as:
- Evening classes (normally 8 evening sessions from 18:00-21:00), or as
- Daytime classes (normally 8 evening sessions from 13:00-16:00).
A full schedule can be found here for 2019/20.
- To enrol select the module of your choice from the College website.
- Fees are £750 per module.